There are 2 ways to submit your nominations
DUE BY 5:00pm on October 19th, 2019
1. Fill out the application online @ www.heatforourheroes.com
2. Turn in or mail written application.
In Muskingum County, turn in or mail application to:
- American Legion Posts 29 / 27 S 3rd Street, Zanesville, Ohio 43701
- Ables, Inc. 1006 Maple Avenue, Zanesville, Ohio 43701
In Guernsey County, turn in or mail application to:
- Veterans Service Office / 627 Wheeling Avenue - Suite 102, Cambridge, Ohio 43725
- Ables, Inc. 433 Wheeling Avenue, Cambridge, Ohio 43725
- Nominees must be in need of a new furnace (need will be assessed by Ables Inc.) and must own home (no rentals or campers qualify).
- The new furnace will be a 92% LP or natural gas furnace or electric air handler. No extended warranties are included. Existing equipment can include oil furnaces, and GEO systems, but not wood burners or boilers, electric baseboard heaters, or electric radiant heaters, and package units. Additional cost associated with changing from oil or geothermal is not included.
- A minimum of 2 winners will be selected from applicants in Muskingum, Guernsey, Morgan, Noble and Perry County.
- You do not need to be a member of The American Legion to be considered in the Heat For Our Heroes campaign.
- Winners must be willing to conduct interviews and have picture taken.
- Top candidates will be chosen by The American Legion and a needs-assessment will be conducted by Ables Inc. to determine winners.
- Labor Warranty on furnaces will be one year for installation and parts. Factory Warranty on furnace equipment parts. All taxes will be covered on furnace installation.
- Not included is the costs associated with electric and/or gas line upgrades, excessive duct work and/or structural repairs if needed.